Winter signs have already knocked at our doors. When most of the continents are trapped in the ice and snow, we invite you to the first race of the new trekking season in the picturesque Istrian town Brtonigla! Discover Istrian hidden treasures of untouched nature, enjoy the landscape around the river Mirna, run through the woods, rich vineyard and olive grove, walk up the hills and meet small medieval towns which offer unforgettable views from mountain Učka to the Adriatic Sea!
Name of race: Brtonigla Adventure Trek 2012.
Date: 18. 02. 2012.
Area: area of towns Brtonigla, Grožnjan, Buje and Oprtalj
Categories: Ultra (about 50-55 km), Mountaineering (about 25 km), Fun and Run (10-12km)
Start time: Ultra at 9.00 am, Mountaineering and Fun Run at 9:30 am
Duration: Ultra 7-12h, Mountaineering 3-5h, Fun Run and 1-3h
Entry fee: Ultra 150kn, Mountaineering 100kn, Fun and Run 100kn
Entry fee includes:
- Organization of the race
- Mountain rescue or doctor
- Hot meal
- A t-shirt or a cap
- Competitive board
- Instructions for the race (checkpoints)
- Map of the race
Ultra - the first, the second and the third place in men's and women's category: medals, sponsors' prizes, cash prizes
Mountaineering - the first, the second and the third place in men's and women's category:
medals, sponsors' prizes
Fun and Run - the first, the second and the third place in men's and women's category:
medals, sponsors' prizes
- mobile phone
- First aid kit and space blanket
All accomodations could be find on the official web sites of our sponsors.
Sponzors:TZO Brtonigla, Laguna Novigrad, Istraturist Umag, TZG Umag, TZG Novigrad,TZG Buje
Organizer: SD Trickeri
Applications are opened from 01/12/2011 till 11/02/2012.
(Only competitors who pay their fee by 11/02/2012. may take part in the race).Competitors who withdraw their application until 11/02/2012. will be refunded 50% of the fee!
The competitors witch are not croatian citizens are paying the entry fee at
the beging of the race.
Web site: http://www.trickeri.org
For further information please call 098 936 2420,
or visit www.trickeri.org
More about race:
Trekking race is a trail run race with elements of orientation. It is very popular in Croatia and Slovenia! The configuration of terrain is as same as for the trail run race, except for the lane that is not market. There are only control points marked on the map. A competitor receives a map with control points and chooses by himself the fastest way to reach them. In principle, orientation is very simple!
The race is divided into three categories (according to difficulty):
1) Fun and Run category: 10-12 km - is a category designed for walkers, beginners, families and recreational runners who have decided to enjoy the nature for 1-2 hours, but athletes whose intention is to do a great training on cross country and trail run fields as quickly as possible, can also try their hand at this category! Orientation is completely simple; the path is marked by hiking markings, ribbons and arrows so that this category has no mandatory equipment such as a map, a compass, a cell phone, etc. The route of the race will be posted on our website in a few days. A competitor carries refreshment (if necessary) and water is going to be available at two places during the race! A competitor must folow a marked path of the race! All others solutions are forbiden!
2) Mountaineering category: approximately 25 km - this category is designed for all lovers of nature, trackers, hikers, nordic walkers, athletes and trail runners! It lasts 3-5 hours depending on competitor's physical ability. Any active or recreational hiker who once a week walks for couple of hours can successfully end up this race!
Orientation is simple! The route of the race will be posted on our website one day before the race. A competitor carries water and food with him. Water is going to be available in several places during the race!
3) Ultra category- approximately 55-60 km is a category designed for trained and experienced trail runners, athletes, adventure runners as well as for mountaineers, and recreational athletes and sports who are looking for a challenge and examining the limits of their capabilities! Estimated duration of the race is from 7 to 12h!
The race has its own limits on certain control points in the second stage of the race so that those who remain behind are taken to the shortened version of the race which allows them to finish the race at the estimated time! At some control points orientation allows competitors to choose between two or more lanes or to shorten the route which reduces or increases the time spent in the race! In such situations, a competitor who is less oriented won't get lost but will only go slower. The route of the race will be posted on our website one day before the race. A competitor carries water and food with him. Water is going to be available in several places during the race!